Monday, April 30, 2007

At The Airport.

Not many updates yesterday so here is what happened. I arrived for The Roots and saw one of the most memorable shows of the weekend. Next it was Willie Nelson where I got a great shot of Johnny Knoxville and Jay Chandraskar rocking out. Next was Crowded House, during the only song they have that most people would recognize a Rage Against the Machine fan hit him flush in the face with a water bottle, I got some great video after it happened. Manu Chau came out next and rocked the house, stirring the Rage fans into a frenzy. After Seven hours of standing in place and getting squished around I finally made it to the second row for Rage. The crowd was way to calm before Rage and you could feel that it was going to erupt when they came out and sure enough as soon as the first bass line hit the entire crowd began to swirl into a giant mosh pit. I would have gladly stood another day if I knew what I was in for, it was one og the single greatest experiences in my life. Thank You Rage, Coachella, and Everyone else for an amazing three days in the desert.

1 comment:

MJ said...

Sure was an amazing show. The sea of people behind you was truly amazing. Wish I could have fought it out with you up front, but my calling was the VIP tent my friend. Before the show, I was ordering my thirteenth Vodka Kettle One and who walked up next to me, but one Paris Hilton. After i was finally able to evade her crew, I see that hot chick from the Hills talking to some Jcrew dude. It was all becoming a fog. There was some shirtless, skinny whiteboy in a giant furry sombrerro wearing sunglasses. Forty feet away from this MTV pukefest (read: Pimp my Concert) was a sea of hippy-flesh and reefer, Flags flying and filthy dreadlocks. Dichotomy found. Yet 80,000 screaming children of rock came together, and no one, NO ONE was going to miss it.

Hope the water helped...No shout out in the blog? Emoticon