Monday, June 4, 2007

Win Butler Basketball Thief?


Over the weekend while shooting baskets at the UC Berkely gym Win Butler of the Arcade Fire aka "Mr. Saturday Night", was involved in an altercation and later removed from the gym by security. In the process he managed to grab the wrong basketball and the guy it belonged to started this blog entitled Arcade Fire Stole My Basketball. In response to this blog another blog was started entitled Arcade Fire Didn't Steal Dude's Basketball. The latter blog is supposedly written by Win's brother Will and I have to say it's great. Gander on for my favorite excerpt from the battle written by Will.

Perhaps I wasn't clear enough about the rules of an Internet libel war on my previous post. First off, I'll start with the present situation:

I. The Situation
A. "Chris H"
B. "Win Butler (a.k.a. Mr. Saturday Night)"
C. "Will Butler"
D. "Internet"
E. "basketball"
F. "you"

A. accuses B. via the D. of stealing A.'s E. C. says that B. did not in fact steal A.'s E.

But who are you going to believe here? A. or C.? Neither one of us is intrinsically more trustworthy, as far as F. know. Neither is B. for that matter, though he seems thus far unengaged in the present conflict. And since we're on the D. here, there's a distinct lack of physical evidence. Hence F., the reader, must decide for F.rself if B. stole A.'s E. or not.

Since there's only hearsay at this point, the best way to defend B., my brother, is to undermine A.'s credibility through half-truths and Internet rumors. If I, C., can be perceived as more trustworthy than A., the accusant, than my testimony will count for more, and hence B. will be exonerated.

So, did you hear that Chris H, the dude who says on the internet that Win Butler stole his basketball, has a tattoo of Puff the Magic Dragon on his penis? If you really want proof, you can google "puff magic dragon penis tattoo" but don't say I didn't warn you.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love Win Butler!

MJ said...

What I wouldn't do for a basketball autographed by AF!!!

MJ said...

I think the sites are down...