Monday, September 17, 2007

REVERB Local Music Showcase

This being my first post on GooseNinja, I felt obligated to make it count. The love of live music is whats behind the creation of this blog and the reason why I read it/shoot photos for it constantly. October 6th marks Seattle Weeklys REVERB Local Seattle area music showcase. The bill is an incredible day of music in one of my favorite Seattle neighborhoods for a mere $8 (10 day of show). Although there are many talented acts involved I wanted to showcase one band and one solo artist from the day. Siberian & Jtillman are my two suggested acts. I'm throwing up a live performance of my favorite J Tillman tune: Jesse's not a sleeper. Gander on for more information and insight about Siberian/J Tillman. Including there family connection



I recently had the pleasure of photographing Siberian. These 5 guys are making some incredible rock music that really stands out in a city overloaded with Indi Rock. Zach Tillman of Siberian comes from a family with no lack of talent.

His brother is my second recommendation for the showcase. J Tillman is an incredible songwriter with a voice that you will fall in love with. Siberian is releasing a new record at the end of October with Sonic Boom recordings. Some samples can be heard at their myspace page (myspace.com/siberian) J Tillman is also working on a new record and can be heard on his myspace (myspace.com/jtillman) Keep an eye for both acts because they wont be a local secret much longer. -Kyle Johnson over and out

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Welcome to the clan Kyle. We're very excited to have you.