Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Little Brother "Getback" With Fresh New Music


They say that the third times the charm, but what happens when one and two were both hits. In the case of Little Brother it means you get back to why you wanted to make music in the first place.

“When I sat down to write my first rhyme I didn’t say, ‘Maybe if I write this, the people at Clear Channel will love me…I never gave a sh*t about that…so when I saw myself caring about that, I knew it was a problem and I had gotten away from the original reasons why I started making music.”

After 2003's classic "The Listening" and 05's equally classic "The Minstrel Show" we find the group has been reduced to a duo and off Atlantic Records but with a new found hunger to focus on the music and not the label. “I think this is the closest we could get to the feeling and energy we had when we made our first record.” says rapper Big Pooh.

The first single off of "Getback" is definitely a return to the kind of hip hop you come to expect from Little Brother. Matter of fact it's the kind of Hip Hop we'd like to see more of. "Good Clothes" is a care free track that's all about growing up and trying to stay fresh and by fresh we don't mean draped in half million in diamonds. We mean fresh like clean white shoes, cardboard creased jeans and brand new shirt.

Little Brother's "Getback' drops on September 25th and you can download the first single "Good Clothes" below. It's to late for it to be a summer banger but at least it will keep you feelin fresh until you can get the rest.


Download Little Brother "Good Clothes"

No comments: